Stretch marks occur when people gain a lot of weight quickly and their skin becomes stretched past its tolerance level. That causes damage and tearing in the top three levels of the skin; the epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous layers. This damage creates the linear scars known as stretch marks. They can appear in many places on the body but one place that is common is on the thighs. In this article we will talk about how to get rid of stretch marks on thighs.
1. Cover Up Your Thighs: One of the easiest ways to get rid of thigh stretch marks is to cover them up. Of course, this only works temporarily but if you are going somewhere where you are going to be wearing revealing clothes then it is an option. Body makeup, liquid concealers and self tanning creams are one solution as are spray tans and airbrush makeup.
2. Lose Weight, Lose Stretch Marks: Losing weight is one way to get rid of thigh stretch marks effectively. If the body is returned to its original weight then the skin will be able to recover from the stretching that caused these scars to appear. This works particularly well for women who have been pregnant.
3. Thigh Exercises: Engaging in a regular program of exercise can help to break down scar tissue, take off weight and firm and tone up muscles. Stretching exercises will help remove scar tissue and aerobic exercises will burn calories and improve nutrient delivery to the skin.
4. Diet Improvements: A nutritious diet is an excellent holistic way to help get rid of stretch marks in a safe and effective manner. The skin needs a lot of different nutrients in order to be able to protect itself and heal damage from toxins and free radical molecules. Good foods that contain antioxidants and fatty acids are things like fresh fruits and vegetables, products made with whole grains and cold water fish.
5. Daily Skin Health Supplements: To ensure that your body and skin are getting all of the nutrients they need it is a good idea to take a nutritional supplement each day. Vitamins and minerals that are good for skin health are most recommended; I.E. fish oil capsules rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
6. Hydration: In order for the skin to stay flexible and supple so that these nasty marks can be repaired, it is necessary for the skin to remain well hydrated. Drink lots of water each day — roughly 50 to 60 ounces.
7. Massage Treatments: It has been known for a long time that massage can help to get rid of thigh stretch marks in a couple of different ways. The pressure that is exerted on the skin during the massage helps to break up scar tissue so it can be eliminated. The massaging action also stimulates the circulation and blood flow in the body so that an increased amount of beneficial nutrients reaches the surface of the skin.
8. Exfoliation Methods: Exfoliation is a technique where a thin layer of skin is removed from the body. This helps to clean dead skin cells and other detritus from the surface of the skin. In the case of thigh stretch marks, it also helps to remove scar tissue. Using a mildly abrasive cleanser and applicator to exfoliate the skin twice a day will eventually get rid of these nasty little blemishes; or at least reduce their noticeability.
9. Lotions and Gels: There are a huge number of holistic and natural stretch mark creams available on the market to treat these scars. These creams, lotions and essential oils represent one of the best ways to get rid of stretch marks on thighs. They can work in a few ways. Many of the creams help to moisturize the skin so that is hydrated and supple. Other creams act as an exfoliate to help remove scar tissue from stretch marks. Some creams are made out of products produced naturally by the body so that they regenerate and rejuvenate the skin.
For more detailed information about how to get rid of stretch marks on thighs with unbelievably strong stretch mark remedies, head on over to Stretchmarkremovalguide.com, an informative web site aimed at helping women of all ages understand how to eliminate and defend against these disgusting marks.